The Second Life Tourist

Friday 9 March 2018

Skull Creek


Skull Creek

Protecting and improving the lives of ALL abused, abandoned, and homeless animals.


http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Skull%20Creek/153/201/22


https://www.flickr.com/groups/3357917@N24/


       I grew up hearing my mother repeat a few life lessons to me over and over again, so much so that they have become the basis of who I am.  "A man is only as good as his word, and if you have your word you have everything" was one "Everyone has something they can teach you, from the university professor to the homeless person on the street" was another, and "You must always use your voice to speak loudest for those who cannot speak for themselves"........... (can you tell I was raised by and activist?)

     The last one has become a sort of life Motto.  In real life I am an advocate for the Elderly, So much so that it has become my specialty in my profession.  My home is constantly full of children running and playing with my own child, some of who find being here safer then being home.  And , just to round myself off I am the proud momma to 8 fur babies who have all been rescued from abusive homes.

    Its not often that I find someone with these core beliefs in real life, and certainly not in a virtual world were it is easier to think about your self over others.  Certainly when I arrived to take pictures of the stunning Skull Creek, it was the farthest thing from my mind, I was very pleased to be un-expectantly surprised.

     Home to the Ghost Bullys MC, This sim offers a stunning location for all of your photographic needs, a riding track, beautiful wedding venues but more importantly, an amazing cause.


   You see, The Ghost Bully 1% MC is a SecondLife motorcycle club that dedicates themselves to rescuing abused and abandoned animals.  Hosting events through out the year with merchants such as Entice, Serenity Style and Bolson, to name a few, the merchants and the MC donate all the proceeds to Dogs for Dogs.


       "We even rescued a horse!" Co-founder Racey Boom, told me when I asked about their charity group.  Which she was more then eager to tell me about, and the amazing work they are doing.


     Donations to the sim its self go to help the upkeep but you will find Dogs for Dogs boxes to donate scattered throughout the sim.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Skull%20Creek/205/122/698


  Above link will take you the the MC's information center to get information on this amazing cause, how to help in their events, how to donate, and of course how to join the MC its self.  I read through the application process and what is expected of members instantly caught my attention:


Our cause for the animals would be a priority as well as rideouts, events, meetings and spending time on the Ghost Bully sim. You would be expected to behave and represent in a manner that doesn't cause conflict in our efforts for the dogs.


  It only proves to me again that This Sim, and its members are truly doing this for the benefit of their cause, and kudos to all of them for doing so.


    Now, about the location!  Set your wind light to their settings to find the sim feeled with a darker but warm light that make the trees jump out at you.  For Photographs of Av's it may need a little adjustment with sun placement, but definitely gives a beautiful photo that requires little to no editing.


     I had so much fun just playing with the shadows on this sim


     Perfectly decorated and kept to theme, there is something for everyone on Skull Creek and I strongly suggest you all put this on your list of MUST VISIT places, goodness knows I will certainly be back to capture more photos, as well I hope to see QueenB Poses participate in their next event.




     I Beg you all to donate, not just to help keep this stunningly beautiful Sim open for all of us photographers, but more importantly to their charity. 

About 2.4 million healthy, adoptable cats and dogs—about one every 13 seconds—are put down in U.S. shelters each year. 



 Only 1 out of every 10 dogs born will find a permanent home.



Homeless animals outnumber homeless people 5 to 1.


Many strays are lost pets that were not kept properly indoors or provided with identification.

If you don't like the facts, do something about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment